Saturday, June 29, 2013

THE FACEBOOK MACHINE

Facebook is all about sound and vision... With my posts I look to stimulate all senses... ultimately focusing on the brain and more specifically the imagination. I use my creative writing to challenge... inspire... explain... or intrigue... the mind of the reader. I use strong visual references to carry my message in a unique way... and because I create the graphics... I can guarantee... this is the first time it’s been posted on fb.

I use a combination of digital illustrations and oral traditions to help educate people... to share my knowledge... and help explain our tribal history to those interested. I use video (music or doco) to reinforce my message... to add musical satire to the situation... or even to honour people and places relevant to our lives.

It’s all about stimulating the imagination of your audience... for just a few seconds... or maybe a minute. If they linger long enough to click ‘like’... the post has been worth while... and if they engage and leave a comment... that’s a real bonus... MAURIORA WHANAU... Have a brilliant weekend

No comments: