Friday, May 3, 2013

TAUMATA RANGATIRA (e-book)


Live link to TANGI in UAWA
http://www.r2.co.nz/20130501/

Technology now allows us a window to what’s going on back home. Tomorrow we’ll be able to follow proceedings at the tangi of Parekura Horomia via LIVE STREAMING... and those who are unable to attend can be connected via the live link. Awesome... I am so into this kind of technology. We must be able to connect with our whanau online and my immediate future is all about solving that problem for my own kaupapa. I have all these ideas in my head and so much korero that I want to publish... but in some sort of formal publication. Started with the illustrations last week... I’ve done 3 and there are 97 to go. My plan is to produce 100 digital chapters based on whakapapa and create downloadable files... Hopefully I can market them via my growing digital network and sell them direct to the customer. I don’t want to publish via the traditional route anymore... I would prefer cutting out all the middle men and deal direct with the public via an e-system... The e-book is called TAUMATA RANGATIRA and is about one mans whakapapa (mine)

I have drawn up a list of tipuna to feature in the e-book thus far... Ranginui, Papatuanuku, Tane Mahuta, Tangaroa, Tumatauenga, Tawhirimatea, Haumia Tiketike, Rongomaraeroa, Ruaumoko, Hineahuone, Hinenuitepo Tawhaki, Hinepukohurangi, Hineteiwaiwa, Mahuika, Taranga, Maui Potiki, Uenuku Whakarongo, Kupe, Nukutawhiti, Toitehuatahi, Whatonga, Paikea Ariki, Huturangi , Te Whironui, Paoa, Kiwa, Hinehakirirangi, Pouheni, Tamatea Arikinui, Tamatekapua, Hoturoa, Toroa, Wairaka, Puhi,Turi, Tamakihikurangi, Ruawharo, Porourangi, Tahu-Potiki, Hamoterangi, Ruapani, Tamanuhiri, Rangitihi, Kahungunu, Rongowhakaata, Tawake-Whakato, Mahaki, Tapuae, Tuhourangi, Tutamure, Rakaipaaka, Rahiri, Iranui, Hauiti, Taua, Rongomaiwahine, Tutekawa, Tutekohi, Apanui, Ruataupare, Tuwhakairiora, Tinirau, Te Huki, Meke, Kahutia, Rawiri Te Eketuoterangi, Tekani-a-Takirau... and many others.

Each chapter will have a new feature pic... that’s what I’m working on now... getting the images consistent... and defining the over-all look and design. Have been reseaching the korero for some time and decided on a main story word count 500-600... plus all other relevant paragraphs re maps, artworks, charts or other information etc. Set myself a deadline of September 14... to have all artworks and korero complete. Fingers crossed... want it ready for the exhibition.

No comments: